Tuesday 3 October 2017

SEGA Game Gear Project - Recap & LCD mod

Been working hard recently, without any break since March. So I've decided to take the next week or so off  work. So in my spare time I've decided to work on another Console MOD. This time on a Sega Game Gear.



I picked up 3 Game Gears for a fare price from a nice chap, that just  arrived today with a bunch of games.

1 fully working

1 needs a recap ( mod candidate ?)
1 just for spares.

I'll be working on the one that needs the recap. Once I've done that and its working again, I'll move on to the the Mod. If the boards an early revision, VA1 or VA2 it should be suitable. From checking up the serial it looks fine.

LCD replacement Mod (mcwill)
McWill Game Gear LCD upgrade


Allot of people have done this mod, so I'll be following their video tutorials and examples.I'll make sure to post and accredit any I use.

This is a slightly more complex project. I'll be working with the removal of some surface mount components. So I'll have to practise this on some old network cards and broken pcb's I have knocking about. I've made up a bill of goods for the recap and once it arrives in the next day or so, I'll get started. 

Check out  GadgetUK164's video on the his mod on youtube.




No comments:

Post a Comment